Sunday, September 21, 2008

On My Way Home.....

I had such a great time in Seattle, and of course, hated to leave.  Lucie Lu and I were so spoiled staying at Judi's...in fact, Lucie thought my bed was HER bed!  One morning I got out of the shower and found her sitting pretty as a princess on MY pillow....and here's the proof:


















One of the best things about being home was just hanging out with my family and being there to attend family functions.  It was my cousin Lisa's daughter's birthday while I was there, so we had a big family party at my Uncle Ray and Auntie's
se!  It was SO much fun!  Uncle Ray grilled enough meat to feed all of Seattle and it was fun to just sit and relax with "the fam".  


The grill of the master....

  
Brooke & MacKenzie (the birthday girl!)



Devin and Caleb


Who knew my sister was the Dog Whisperer AND the baby whisperer??? 


The thing I really had to look forward to was the three hour drive from Seattle to Richland, WA to visit my sister Jill and her family in their new town!  Jill's husband, TJ, got a job in Hanford, WA (close to Richland), so they packed up and left Idaho Falls and moved to Eastern Washington.....  This is actually really funny, as growing up in Seattle we kind of always made fun of Eastern Washington, as it is known to be very "small town"....but now, that's what Jill's family is used to, so they are loving it there!  It actually has a very similar feel to Idaho Falls, which made the move pretty easy for them.

After two days in Richland, I packed up the car with my dog, my nephew and my "stuff" and finally headed home to Centerville.  Yes, I was lucky enough to not only have Lucie in the car for the drive home, but I was able to take Caleb with me as well!  He needed a ride to Brigham City, UT where he caught a shuttle bus to Idaho Falls so he could attend scout camp with his old buddies in Idaho Falls!  He was a good "Lucie Sitter" and I was happy to have the company for the long drive home....

Although it was good to finally get home, I could have stayed in Seattle for another three months and been happy as a clam!  :-)  Man, I love that place!  


2 comments:

The Sjoblom Family said...

your puppy is so dang cute!!! I am glad that you are keeping your blog updated now. I don't really like the facebook thingy....it doesn't really make much sense to me. Anyways, I love the pictures.

Becky Jean said...

WHEW! We finally made it through the trip!!! Yeah.. now you can start blogging about your everyday life in Centerville. Will miss you tomorrow at the shower...
B.