Friday, July 25, 2008

My West Coast Summer Tour

Well, I am back!  Yes, I understand that most of you probably didn't even realize I was gone!  That's fine.....you're not required to keep up with every trip I take (or every move I make, or every cake I bake....but I digress....), but that's what a blog is for!  You can read through this post and feel as though you were on vacation with me!

I left around 4:30am on June 13, along with my dog Lucie, and headed south....our final destination:  San Diego.  By 8:37 am, I had already spent $82.00......ON A SPEEDING TICKET!  Ugh.  Anyway, unfortunately, it was well deserved and I was lucky it wasn't $382.00......so I'm not complaining!  Lucie and I made it to San Diego and we stayed there for about 5 days, just hanging out, going to the park and enjoying the summertime!  I think the most exciting thing I did was go to the San Diego County Fair with my friend Heather.  It's kind of a tradition that we have and I didn't make it last year, so I really couldn't miss two years in a row!  Man, I love that fair.  Actually, let me rephrase that.....man, I love to EAT at that fair!  This year Heather and I discovered a new addition to the fair food family......a churro funnel cake, topped with fresh strawberries and LOTS of whipped cream!  It was sickening delicious!  Heather and have three things that we do at the fair.....we EAT (yeah, we covered that), then we go and look at all the yearbooks and high school student work (something only nerdy teachers do) and then, we go and get our tarot cards read!  We love listening to what they have to tell us and love sharing our stories!  It's kind of expensive entertainment, but something we look forward to every year!

After our time in San Diego, we headed north to...........

Stay tuned........

No comments: