Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Okay, so I've been to a lot of Broadway shows and musicals in my time, and there are many that I really enjoy for several different reasons, depending on my mood.  However, the one I always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is Mamma Mia!  I mean seriously, who doesn't love to hear ABBA?  Listening to them is like comfort food for the ears!  I remember buying the 45 single in 5th grade to "Does Your Mother Know?", and on Fridays our teacher would let us bring records in and we could listen to music during lunch, so I brought in that ABBA 45 and played it and half the class got up and danced (mostly girls) and the other half just sat there and stared at us dancing (mostly boys).  Anyway, I really like ABBA!  I admit I don't know all the words to all their songs, but I know the important words and I can dance like nobody's business to Erasure's re-make of "Take a Chance on Me".....so, that being said.....

I went and saw the movie version of Mamma Mia! on opening night last night!  The theater was sold out and the only seats available were in the second row back (yes, I have quite a neck kink this morning.....) but it was still as fun as ever!  I was hoping for one big audience dance party at the end....that didn't happen, so I'm going to have to see it again and start one myself!  Check out the trailer and then get on your platform boots and dance on over to the nearest theater and have some fun and sing along.....(I know you know the words....."You can dance, you can jive......having the time of your life, oooo-ooooo-oooooo.......")



1 comment:

Becky Jean said...

Okay - I am sooo excited to see Mama Mia, but I can't find anyone to see it with!!! Arrrrrghh!. I probably will have to go by myself this weekend. Sad, because that seems to be a movie you need to experience with others. Wish you were here.